1) If you could describe your blog in one word, what would that be?
I hope I can say it’s truly eclectic soon – I have so many thoughts bouncing about in my brain that I know I can’t completely stay within the boundaries of one complete niche! I’m hoping that anyone can come to my page and find an article that’s just for them!
2) I really like your ‘Things I Wish I’d Known Before Blogging’ post, including going self-hosted. For WordPress hosted readers, how do you recommend becoming self-hosted?
I’m still struggling with this one! I’ve not taken the plunge quite yet. I’ve went to click buy a couple of times and been plagued with self-doubt which has stopped me!
I think the thing would be to research it! I want to go with Siteground because of the support available – I feel I definitely need that but if you require something else from your provider you can choose someone else. There are so many hosts available I’m sure you can find one to suit any need or budget!.
3) Name 3 blogs you are addicted to at the moment.
So the 3 that I’ve been following recently are all quite different I’d say!
Oh wow, this is really, really, really hard! There’s so many fantastic blogs out there!
1. https://sunburntaloe.wordpress.com/ this is a wide mix on this one. There are posts about blogging, makeup, mental health, tarot cards. You name it, it has got everything!
2. https://thefrozenmind.com/about-me/ this one is all about living with a chronic illness. The articles are really helpful and I find them really positive and relatable!
3. https://sweetandsimplelife.com/ I found this one as I’m part of Cate’s Facebook group Becoming a Blogger. She is the most helpful lady and has some great articles about moving from .com to .org as well as affiliate marketing and just blogging in general!
4) If you could only use 1 social media platform, what would that be and why?
I imagine this would be the same for most of us… Twitter. The community is so supportive on there and there doesn’t seem to be the issues like Facebook and Instagram have where your reach is strangled unless you pay for you posts or have a million followers!
5) What blog post are you most proud of and why?
I think my “Let’s Talk About Mental Health” post. It got such a good response and as it has my own experience in there, I found it quite difficult to write in places. I think it took me a lot longer to write than my average posts just because I changed it so much! Pressing the post button definitely made me feel vulnerable, that’s for sure!
6) What future hopes/aspirations do you have for your blog?
So I’m still looking to be self-hosted. I’ve had to put this on the back burner for a few personal reasons which I hope I will be able to share in an upcoming post!
I really want to get to 200 followers on WordPress/email so that I can host my giveaway. I’m really excited about it and would have done it at 10 followers if I could have so definitely something to keep an eye on!
I would love to say I hope to make this my full time job in the next XX months but I don’t think blogging is really about that for me! I would rather just have people enjoy what I write and if I happen to make a few sales along the way then that’s enough for me!
7) You’ve done some reviews of beauty boxes, which is your favourite so far?
Definitely Birchbox, from the products to their customer service I thought they were great and I’ve managed to find a couple of “go-to” products from them. Like my Native Unearthed Deodorant Balm, I can’t live without this stuff now!
I still haven’t settled on a subscription box as there’s still so many to try. I am going to be doing a piece on a new beauty type box in the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes peeled for that – I genuinely can’t wait to reveal my thoughts!
Ah I did try out a couple of Birchboxes, but stopped my subscription to save money. Maybe I should rethink my decision!
To catch more eclectic content from Claudia, you can read her blog, or show your support on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Hope you enjoyed this interview. Check back tomorrow to discover even more amazing blog content with A Winter Escape!