As starting a New Year health cleanse today seems impossible as there is still a cupboard full of Christmas chocolate, I thought I would at least set my blog goals to make myself feel like I am doing something worthwhile.
We went on a family walk this morning at Beacon Hill Country Park, and being in such a beautiful place really allowed me to think about this year’s aims, but also to do some more photography.
As it is the New Year and I now have a camera, I have been taking lots of photos which make me think of a fresh start. The horizon, leaves and frost are just some examples. Not only do these test out my photography skills, but I really want to improve the visual aspects of my blog. After all, the first thing people see are featured images and titles.
However, I really want to develop my writing skills as well, because interesting content is the most important thing.
So, without further ado, here are my 2017 plans:
- I endeavour to be organised. Scheduled blog posts and tweets here we come!
- Actually try to maintain Instagram followers. I realised that I was only posting the odd image and not including enough tags, so from now on, I will be posting daily.
- Will be doing 1 YouTube video a week. My hours at university are increasing slightly, but I also want to make sure that my videos are good. I’m figuring less videos, but better quality.
- Pin 20 items a day. This is at the recommendation of Emmy’s Beauty Cave.
- Will still be doing blog posts pretty much every other day. Of course, I will announce when this is not possible.
- I am not setting myself any specific follower targets. Sometimes you can get to attached to stats, but I blog because I love it, not because I am obsessed with popularity.
- Last, but certainly not least, continue to connect with all the amazing bloggers out there!