Wow it feels like an age since I last blogged. I guess moving to university, getting used to a new city and meeting new people kind of takes it out of you!
I can’t believe I’ve been in Leeds for nearly a week, it is so surreal. One minute you are applying to uni, next minute you are there!
At the moment things have been going well. I have met some great people and am finally getting my head round walking to campus and working out how to use the online portal.
Hopefully as I start my course and settle into life here, I will soon get back to my regular blogging routine, but here are a few things I have been up to:
- I have met a group of like-minded people who do not fancy the alcohol side of Freshers’ so we have seen each other a few times
- I have signed myself up to about 6 societies but I know I won’t end up going to all of them.
- I have had a few course induction talks to help us understand the admin side of our courses
- One of the highlights so far has been the food crawl. We visited Terrace, CasaColombiana and Bundobust, all of which I would highly recommend!
- I bought some posters from an amazing stall at uni for Freshers’ to decorate my room
- Have officially met everyone doing French and Linguistics (there are only 5 of us!)
- Hoping to go and see the new Bridget Jones tomorrow and am looking forward to the start of Strictly!